Financial Literacy Fair and TikTok Contest
On April 16th, 2022, the College of Business hosted its first ever Financial Literacy Fair to celebrate Financial Literacy Month!
To get students excited for the fair, a Tik Tok competition was held for students to give their best financial advice to college students. The following lists the students and their Tik Toks that won the competition:
- Most Likes: Team ACC322, Savannah Wilson, Courtney Wrinn, Paige Gessner, and Allen Stearns with the premise of Let ACC 322 at EKU help you choose your Filing Status!
- First Prize: Taylor Kelly and Savannah Wilson with the premise of don’t be late filing your taxes!
- Second Prize: Katie Hagan with the premise of financial tips for college students!
- Third Prize- TIE between Kayla Brown with the premise of Invest and Budget, and Caroline Coldiron and Kerrigan Bolling with the premise of applying for scholarships!
- Honorable mention includes Lisa Bun, Janey Cox, and Brad Smith
To kick off the fair, students and faculty alike had a great time learning from speaker Mr. Dale Morgan about what it means to be financially literate. He delivered his own presentation about how he made the wrong financial choices at a young age, and spoke on what to do right now while in college to make sure your financial future is secure. This discussion sparked many to take charge of their finances, and we want to extend a special thank you to Mr. Morgan for coming out and sharing his personal story with us!
After Mr. Morgan spoke, students were invited to the Atrium to learn more about financial literacy with other individuals in the community, and enjoy food from local food trucks! This fair was a great opportunity for students to learn more about financial literacy and how to apply it to their lives now so they aren’t behind in the future.
[Article first published on May 4, 2022 at https://business.eku.edu/insidelook/financial-literacy-fair]
Published on June 13, 2022